Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Christmas Series 2017 | Day # 4 Cozy Christmas

Happy Wednesday! Hope your week is going well! We are STILL in the midst of kitchen renovations. We had one delay that has had a domino effect on all other work. At the moment we are at a stand-still waiting for some trades to finish so that others can do their thing. I just keep channeling positive thoughts because we are extremely lucky to be able to do this reno in the first place. Still, a kitchen renovation is really not for the faint of heart. Check out my instagram to see the progress!

Today I have a new project to share with you in my 2017 Christmas Series. It is for my December Daily album and is a two page design. The first page has a peek-thru to the next page. It was a piece that evolved as I was working on it and I used products from a TON of different compagnies! It is so fun to mix and match and create your own unique page! Without furthur ado, let’s get into it!


The paper for the front as well as the die cut sentiment were part of a December Daily kit (I think last year’s) that I hadn’t used yet. I am trying to use up all the extra pieces!

The window was diecut using a Memory Box die that I have had for so long. There are matching shutters and I flower box that match. I ended up using the frame and the box only. The window box was “dressed” up by using a Martha Stewart leaf craft punch (also super old) to create some evergreen boughs. It adds texture and interest to the page and a nice pop of color to off-set all the red! 

I love that you can see the little girl through the window. It just invites you to turn the page!

This scene took on a life of it’s own as I just continued to add layer after layer. It is so rewarding when all the different components that you have pulled out of various stashes all come together to form a perfectly matched scene! (It takes a little patience too, but it is worth it).

The sentiment was one of the last things that I added and I am so happy with how it matches the exact mood of the page. This reminds me of how I felt on a Christmas evening; warm, cozy, sleepy, safe and loved.

Video Tutorial:
Click HERE to view in HD format


Supplies:




Sleepy Cinnamon image also availble –>HERE


Copic Markers Used :

Skin: E00, E11, E000, R20, E30

Hair: E21, E23, E39

Pjamas: C1, C3, R32, R35, R37

Chair & Cushion: C1, C00, 0

Dog: E30, E31, E23

Bone: C1, R37

Presents: RE5, R37, YR24, YR31, G14, G94, BG13 BG11

 Berries, Tassels: R05, R46

Leaves:  G14, G94

Table:  E21, E23, E39

Glass: BG11, C00


Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails